Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fallen Soldier

Good morning!  As promised, here are the pictures of the truly grody closet the water heater lived in for the past how ever many years.  The "fallen soldier" is laying off the front porch and looks to be pretty much drained of water.  I took a picture of the floor and one from the hall standing as far back at the wall will allow so you can see the "whole" space inside that door -- complete with the peek-a-boo plumbing wall.

I think you'll agree that Hunnyman will have a little issue trying to get any range for swinging a hammer when he takes that wall down.  Our most faithful friends, Bob and Sandy are coming up to help us this weekend.  Bob may be able to get around in there a little better.  He doesn't take up as much room as Roger does.  Bob always gets (stuck with) the tight jobs - he's such a trooper.  I suspect we will need to do something under the floor to hold the heater up (ya think?) while we (they) remove the bad parts of the floor.  Oh - I guess that would be ALL of the floor.  Not quite sure how this will happen, but have no fear because the brain trust that is Roger and Bob have always figured out how to make things work out.  It's just better that Sandy and I aren't hovering and putting our two cents in, what with them having hammers and crowbars and other heavy tools of mass destruction.
So, Sandy and I will play Vanna I and II by hauling out the debris, mopping their foreheads and if required, selling them a vowel. (They may need them with the words they will be using).  Or we could just pull weeds or vacuum icky corners or clean the porch.  It's good to have choices.  We work really well together - and I haven't seen her in months.  Fun will be had by all.

BTW - I did cruise around the cotton field last night.  It was really nice.  I took my phone in case a giant rattlesnake bit me or Nessie came up out of the swamp but it was dead (the phone, not Nessie) anyway and the walk was peacefully uneventful.

OK - I'll close for now.  Hugs to you all and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog