Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The official Start


It's official - we have started the improvement of the Big House. I've decided to track our progress on a blog, as I told my friend Steve, for a few reasons, the most important of which is to keep us motivated.

We have so many wonderful friends from our former life in Tempe that keep tabs on our progress. It's our hope that with everyone's well wishes and encouragement -- we will reach our ultimate goal sooner rather than later. Oh, and feel free to come up and see us yourself. Bring your work gloves.

FarmHouse Arts wants very much to be a place of laughter, creativity, peace and prosperity for all who get involved.
We don't have a grand plan beyond that so we are tackling the obvious. Now, of course to get to where we want to be will involve lots and lots (and lots) of hard work. Here's the shortlist of our opportunity:

1 large brick barn - technically off limits because that's where my Dad keeps his stuff
1 large farm house (in this picture) 3 bdrm 2 bath. I'll go into the history of the place later.
1 small house (not currently livable)
1 - 3 room adobe storage building
1 - large tin barn
7 acres of potential.

I'll give the details of each building as we start to work on it. Some will probably come down, some will be shored up and some we will gut and go from there.
This place has some history, for sure. I started a 'To Do' list once last year and got so depressed I had to toss it. As my good friend Cindy says "Baby Steps". OK - Baby steps will do just fine.

So, I'd love your comments and observations.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see, read & follow your journey of transforming the old farm house to your dream of "FarmHouse Art"!
    Let the good times roll!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog